ADVOCACY VISIT TO THE UNITED NATIONS DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM (UNDP) OFFICE, ABUJA ON THE 10TH FEBRUARY 2020
The Objectives of the Advocacy visit included:
- Expose the prevailing challenges women and girls with disabilities face
- Highlight the need for the immediate implementation of the disability act
- The meeting started at about 4:50 pm with an opening remark from Mr. Edward Kallon, UNDP Resident Coordinator. Thereafter, everyone present was introduced to enable us to know the organizations and portfolios that were presented in the meeting.
- The agenda of the meeting was to get a report on the inclusive work of United Nations Development Program (UNDP) and to further discuss the challenges faced by persons with disability and to also proffer solutions.
- UNDP gave brief history on how UN work and the challenges that that have befallen them in time past. However, the new UN policy was said to be very inclusive because strategy for persons with disability policy was launched in April, 2019. And this will go a long way to assist the Government to sustain the SDG goals to systematically enable the disability rights to make sure they are valued.